Friday, May 17, 2013

Elizabeth Arden Goodie Bag

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you've all got a wonderful weekend planned ahead of you :)
I am so sorry I've been so absent this week, but the Internet has failed me since Wednesday.. Honestly, how did people live without Internet? Luckily, the weather has been great so I've been able to lie outside (in my new bikini) and soak up some sun, but I can't even begin to imagine how bored I would've been had it been gloomy and rainy weather!

Anyway, a few days ago Elizabeth Arden held an event to celebrate their new store in Magasin, a huge department store in Copenhagen. I went with a bunch of girlfriends and we all got a makeup consultation and then a little goodie bag with lots of great stuff! Seeing as I haven't done a beauty post in a while, I thought this would be a great opportunity, so here goes..

Elizabeth Arden goodie bag review
Elizabeth Arden goodie bag review
Elizabeth Arden goodie bag review
Ceramide Capsules - get it here / Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara - get it here / 
Lip Protectant Stick (color: 05 Berry) - get it here / Eight Hour Cream - get it here
Red Door Aura Perfume - get it here
FYI - All links are with free international delivery


The Ceramide Capsules
Elizabeth Arden ceramide capsules serum review

I've always wanted to try these but somehow other serums have always *accidentally* ended up in my bathroom and I never had the chance... till now!
These little capsules have a lot of benefits but the bottom line is that they contain Ceramides, which gives your skin a firmer and smoother look.
The capsules look so nice and delicate, and it's always nice with something different than the usual bottle! The downside is that, in my opinion, one capsule lasts long enough for 3-4 applications, and squeezing the serum out quickly becomes one a messy affair, not to mention storing it for two days. I don't know if Elizabeth Arden users just have big faces or uses a lot of serum, but the size isn't really working for me.
However, the product itself is great. It doesn't really have a smell, unlike the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum I've gushed about before, but it really lives up to its claims to be a "lightweight, silky-smooth - yet non-greasy - serum."
To be honest though, I think I still think I might stick to my Truth Serum in the future. But with that being said, I haven't used it long enough to really give an opinion on how well it sticks to the proclaimed benefits, so maybe I'm biased because of the heavenly scent of the Truth Serum ;)


Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara
... did absolutely nothing for me, probably because I didn't receive a waterproof version. Non-waterproof mascaras do nothing to my straight, sparse Asian eyelashes, so if you have eyelashes like me, I highly recommend trying ANY waterproof mascara and I guarantee a difference! I read online that it has something to do with the waterproof versions drying faster and therefore they "keep" the eyelashes curled when you apply the mascara (feel free to correct me if this is wrong!) With this one and any other non-waterproof mascaras, there's no difference at all between curling and not curling my eyelashes, because they simply "fall down". So yeah, no-go!


Lip Protectant Stick
Elizabeth Arden Lip Protectant Stick Berry review

It looks so pretty, doesn't it? I received this lipstick with the color 05 Berry, which looks a lot redder than it is when applied. The color is not at all as prominent as it might seem, and actually looks a bit "uneven" on the lips - I have no idea why. It tastes and smells just like their lip glosses, aka of vanilla. I think lipsticks/glosses with taste is a bit of a love-hate thing. Either you like it or you don't, and in my case, I don't. 
However, I think it would be great to use as a lip balms with a tint of color, and the SPF15 is always a plus, right?


Eight Hour Cream
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream review

The famous Eight Hour Cream.. I've been dying to try this out! Some of you might know that I've referred to this cream before in another beauty post, but if not, the long story short is that I'm a lip balm addict and my go-to cream is one named Locobase that I just cannot find anywhere outside Denmark. I'm always worried about what to do if I ever run out, but I've heard little whispers about this one being just as good - if not better! Now I haven't used it long enough to see or feel actual results, so I'll keep you guys posted on this one :)


Red Door Aura Perfume
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura Perfume review

I am the worst person in the world to describe a scent.. I mean, I can tell you if a thing smells like lemon or lavender, but a perfume scent? How do you describe something containing a mixture of so many different scents (half of which I don't even know what is)? For me, it's so incredibly difficult to put other words to a perfume scent other than something like, "it smells wonderful", like this one does! So I'll leave it to the people behind Elizabeth Arden to describe this one:
"The dazzling floral bouquet opens with a sparkling introduction of Luscious Raspberry and Sicilian Bergamot. The heart maintains the timeless signature of Red Door but is made more youthful and airy using luminous accents of Orange Flower and a more ethereal quality of Jasmine"


That was all for now guys. I really hope you enjoyed this post, and feel free to leave a comment down below - it would mean a lot to me! 
Thank you so much for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, You've done an excellent job. I will definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I'm sure they'll be benefited from this site.

    my website: Pur Essance

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally
    I have found something that helped me. Many thanks!

    Here is my site: Pur Essance

    ReplyDelete