Sunday, March 31, 2013

Paris pt. 3

Happy Easter everyone!
This will be the third and final part of my Paris adventures, and I promise to make this one short - or, at least shorter than the last post ;)

As I mentioned in my last post, we went to the Louvre museum Saturday.


Since beating the queue worked so well by going early last time at the Eiffel Tower we decided to opt for the same tactic again, and it worked. There was barely a queue when we got there around 10 o'clock and the lack of the many people was a delight when browsing through the many things in the museum.
I even managed to get a fairly decent shot of the Mona Lisa, which I imagine could be somewhat of a challenge on busy days/times during the day. When we were done touring the museum around 11-12 o'clock we definitely felt a significant boost of people at the museum, so I definitely recommend going early to get a better experience!


From the Louvre we decided to see some more of Paris by walking to the Notre Dame.


On our way there we passed this cute little store and the inner kid in me just couldn't resist..


In my imaginary world I would have bought the entire store, but in reality we just walked away with one (yummy) lollipop each.. haha.


I'm sorry the picture of the Notre Dame isn't better, or even complete, but they built this huge balcony-ish thing right in front of it, which people could walk up and sit on, but it kind of made it hard to take good pictures..


That evening I realized that we also lived really close to the Moulin Rouge (which I don't recall my travel guide book mentioning, so keep that in mind if you're using the same one!), so we went there for an evening stroll..


Paris is so beautiful at night, don't you think?


We started off by visiting Sacré Cœur the last day and then went on to do some shopping..

A trip to Paris is not complete without some street artists, am I right?


And that's basically it folks! I hope you've enjoyed my Paris posts (even though they've been quite lenghty) and that they've maybe even inspired some of you to visit Paris, which truly is a magical, must-see city.

I wish you all an amazing day. xx

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Photos are great! I'm so jealous, so desperate to get back to Paris and explore in my old age (aka now I'm not a child!)

    Nancy | http://siddalee-lifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy :) I hope you'll get a chance to do that soon! xx

      Delete
  2. Nice blog, Ang! Paris looks amazing (as does the food).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I hope to see you around. xx

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had the most amazing time, I love Paris. You've taken some beautiful pictures I love the one with all the lollipops, they look yummy lol xx

    Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Danielle :) Paris is a lovely city, with really delicious lollipops! ;)

      Delete