Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Paris pt. 1

I'm back from Paris!! And even though I already miss the beautiful, old city I must admit that nothing beats home <3 I know that I've been absent on my trip but I promise that I've tried to be a good blogger by carring my camera with me everywhere and taking pictures of everything! .. or well, made my boyfriend carry it and take most of the pictures, but that's not the point, right? ;)

Anyway, I've already shown you guys some pictures on Instagram, but I thought that I should post some better quality ones taken with my camera. I haven't had time to edit all the photos yet and it's getting late, so I decided that this post will be part one of my Paris adventure.


We stayed at a hotel close to Pigalle station, which was a constant reminder of these pretty Christian Louboutin stilettos that I've been coveting for quite some time now.. I even tried them on in one of their stores in Paris, but just couldn't justify the price tag.. sigh! Anyway, back to the main adventure ;)


Of course, the Eiffel Tower would be the first stop. We got up early Saturday morning to be able to take a walk and explore a little bit of Paris while still beating the crowds when we would arrive at the tower. Luckily we succeeded and soon we began climbing the stairs to the second floor :)


Unfortunately, it was quite cloudy when we arrived so we didn't bother to go all the way to the top, as not much could be seen..


By then it was only around 11 o'clock, so we decided to cross the bridge to the beautiful palace and then walk from there to Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Élysées for some lunch and shopping


I know it doesn't look bad on this picture, but trust me when I say that the traffic around Arc de Triomphe was crazy - I almost got a heart attack just from watching the chaos! I don't think I'd ever be able to drive here ;)

While we were walking down Champs-Élysées I saw a Ladurée...


... and then I just couldn't resist!
While I was spending lots of money there buying macarons for friends and family, I saw the keychains which I'd fallen in love with some time ago


Aren't they just beautiful?
I honestly wanted to grab all of them but again, I couldn't justify the price! I had a huge internal debate about whether or not to buy one (either the green or purple one) but when I saw how much I'd already spent on the cash register I went with my better judgement and walked away :(

Later that day we had some great dinner and did some more evening shopping at Galaries Lafayette which wasn't too far from where we stayed, but I think I'll include that in part two :)
Now I should probably head to bed as it's getting really late and I have to get up early tomorrow to drive my parents to the airport. I can't believe they're going to Nice when there's going to be more snow here in Denmark in the upcoming days! Sigh..

Oh, and one last thing: I just made a Facebook page today, so feel free to go and like the page and stay updated on my latest posts! :)


I hope you've all had a wonderful day. Part two will be posted soon. xx 

2 comments:

  1. Hello friend,
    I've never been to Paris, but it is on the top of my list of places to go... ahhh, I wanna go so bad..hahah, like, right now :)
    Beautiful pictures and text ... thanks
    xoxo
    www.bonitiful.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)
      I hope you'll be able to go sometime soon. The city is so beautiful <3

      Delete