Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My go-to makeup products

Hi guys,
I hope you are all doing well. This is probably the last post I'll be writing before hopping on a flight to Paris, so I thought I'd do a little post about my go-to makeup products, which also will be the ones I'm bringing with me :)
As I'll only be in Paris for a week, I'm not sure if I'll be blogging from there, but if not you can always follow me on Twitter or Instagram - or both ;) - where I'll definitely be posting pictures :)

Another thing is that (you probably all know this by now) but Google Reader is shutting down, so if you want to keep getting updated on my blog please follow me on Bloglovin' :)

Now enough blabbering and let's get on to the main purpose of this post: my go-to makeup products!

GOSH 22 Eyeshadow Palette - Garnier BB cream, get it here - Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet 33
Shiseido Eyelash Curler, get it here - Lancôme Hypnôse WP, get it here - L'Oréal Eyebrow Pencil


These are basically the things I use for my every day makeup, although I do sometimes skip the eyeshadow or switch it out with an eyeliner. 
Let's take them from the top, shall we?

Gosh 22 Eyeshadow Palette

I bought this on sale back in December for 150 DKK (around £17) which I found to be quite a good deal. It has lots of different and beautiful colors which suits me and are great for an everyday look. I've been thinking about doing a proper review and some swatches of the eyeshadows, what do you think?

Garnier BB cream

I won't go into details with this one again as I've already posted a review on this one and the Clinique BB cream. If you're interested you can read it here.
But basically, as I've also mentioned in the other post, this is my go to if I just want a light, natural look and  minimum coverage. For a night out I'd go with Clinique.

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet 33

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I've always had trouble finding a good lipstick color which works for a casual everyday look and an evening out and looks good on me. For a while I thought that I'm probably just asking for too much and I'd almost given up when I found this lipstick from Chanel!
Chanel's Rouge Allure Velvet range are matte lip colors and the one I'm using is called 33 La Distinguée. It's a lovely, peachy pink shade which works with just about everything. The color is subtle and natural because of the matte finish, yet noticeable enough for people to ask what you're wearing and it gives an illusion of pearly white teeth! What's not to love?
One downside is that - as with many other matte lipsticks - it tends to dry your lips. As you all know I'm a frantic lip balm user, but if you're not, this lipstick might cause a teeny, tiny bit of trouble.

Shiseido Eyelash Curler

I've already done a review on this one which you can read here. Long story short is that I never put on mascara without curling my lashes, and this one does the trick really well.

Lancôme Hypnôse WP

I love, love, love, LOVE this mascara! It's hands down one of my all time favorites, and lemme tell you that that is tough competition after the hundreds of thousands of mascaras I've used. This mascara holds all day, doesn't smudge or flake and is easy peasy to remove (which I know can be tricky with many WP mascaras). It gives me pretty, long (for Asian) lashes and with the Shiseido eyelash curler they make the perfect duo! 
Oh, and did I forget to mention that I love it? ;)

L'Oréal Eyebrow Pencil

There's actually not much to say about this eyebrow pencil. I have very sparse eyebrows and this one is the perfect, natural fix for that. It also comes with an eyebrow brush which is quite useful. The result doesn't look overdone, too much or fade during the day, so I'm a happy girl :)


Okay guys, this was it for now. I hope you found this useful. What are your go-to makeup products? I'd love to hear what you guys use :) xx

6 comments:

  1. That palette looks lovely and there's so many colours, need to check out Gosh!

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I think Gosh is great and the price is, too! ;)

      Delete
  2. Very interesting post :)
    That is the secret of your beauty ? :p


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha :) yes, I suppose so ;)

      Delete
  3. Den læbestift skal jeg vist hen og prøve og måske erhverve mig :)
    x Sofie /densiablog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tror du vil blive glad for den :) xx

      Delete