Friday, March 1, 2013

Introducing the acne killer

What I'm about to share with you in this post is something I wish I'd known when I was 13 years old.. I've already shared my skin problems with you guys so it probably comes as no surprise that I'm on an endless search for the acne miracle - I'm sad to say that I still haven't quite found it yet, but I'm getting pretty close if I should say so myself!

So if you're like me, your skin will know if you have an important date/presentation/event/whatever and it will do it's very, very best to sabotage it with a pimple or ten... Luckily, if you can recognize this there's no need to freak out! I got the second best thing to a miracle right here: benzoyl peroxide.


It's a great little over-the-counter product which has really been a lifesaver of mine. I got it recommended a friend a few years back and it has since then it's never been absent from my stash :)

I won't go into nerdy and heavy details about how it works, but the thing responsible for breakouts is called Propionibacteria acnes. These bastards have to live in a oxygen-rich environment and this is where the benzoyl peroxide comes in to rescue the day by bringing oxygen into the pores and killing them!
Another huge plus about this treatment is its ability to help rid the follicle of excess dead skin cells. Long story short this means that this little wonder cream will prevent breakouts too! Yay!

I used to use this cream on my forehead and cheeks morning and evening after my usual skincare routine (which you can read about here) but because it has worked so well on me, I now only use this cream if I have a feeling that I might get a breakout soon to prevent it and of course on the occasional pimple I still seem to get, which then will disappear within 2-3 days, tops! :) I also often use this a couple of days up to an event or anything important just to be on the safe side.

In Denmark you can get this baby at the pharmacy where they usually come in either 5% or 10%. I would definitely recommend 5% as higher might irritate and dry up your skin. If you've tried 5% and feel like you need something stronger you can always try :)
Please notice though that the product might bleach hair and clothes (I've never experienced it myself), so let it soak in and dry for a few minutes before burying your face in your pillow.


Have you tried it yet? If yes, how did it work for you? Any other acne miracles I should know about? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment