Thursday, March 14, 2013

5 beauty products I can't live without


After I wrote the post about my obsession for tv shows a while back, I began to think about all the other things I'm quite addicted to.. and thought I should do a post about it :) So here's the 5 beauty products I can't live without:

1. My skincare products
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster

I admit that I'm an addict to my skincare products. I never, ever go to bed or out the door without cleansing my face. This probably has partly something to do with me having bad skin growing up, so the fear of that ever happening again stops me from slacking on my skincare routine. Another reason is that I know how much dirt gathers on my face during the day, so it's a really nice feeling to be able to feel all that being washed away in the evening - and I swear it's one of the best feelings after a long, hard day! If you're interested in what products I use for my daily skincare ritual you can read all about them here.

2. Hand creams
Okay, this one's a biggie for me. I've been an avid user of hand creams for years now and it's almost physically impossible for me to go to sleep without using hand cream. I'm not even exaggerating - I can literally feel my hands cracking and drying up..
I've always found hands to be an important part of the body to take good care of because the hands are a sure tell-tale of your age (yes, I'll definitely thank myself later for doing this!)
Over the years I've been through tons of hand creams, and it's a big deal to me that they're fast absorbing so that I won't feel like I'm going to drop every single thing I hold in my hand after using it. My number one hand cream was one from The Body Shop called "Soft Hands Kind Heart", which supported a campaign against child trafficking. It had everything I could wish for in a hand cream and it supported a good cause! Unfortunately, they don't make that anymore so here are my current and other favorites:

hand cream

This is the one I currently use. The brand name is Rauns Borg and I've never heard of it before. I got this one "for free" because I had collected lots of points from my previous purchases from a drugstore here in Denmark. (basically you collect points every time you buy something and when you've collected enough you can get a "free" gift, so I spent mine on this)
I don't know if it's actually possible to get outside Denmark/Scandinavia, so I wonn't go into too much details. Long story short, it's not my favorite, but it's not bad either :)
But some of my favorites include Biotherm Biomains Age Delaying Hand and Nail Treatment and Lancôme Nutrix Royal Mains Hand Cream.
One I'm dying to try out is Ole Henriksen's Hands Forward. I'm really loving his other products so I'll definitely be buying his hand cream next :)

3. Lip balms
Yes, here's another thing I can't go to bed without. Or anywhere without to be honest.. Another product I've been addicted to for years and years. I always carry at least one lip balms with me whenever I'm out, but at home I actually use a cream named Locobase, which I got recommended from a friend some 4-5 years back now and it's never left my nightstand ever since. It's a cream which you can use for dry skin, so not limited to lips. Sadly for me though, it's a Danish brand and therefore impossible to get anywhere else. But from what I've heard the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream should do the same trick, so that's the one I'd choose if I can't get my hands on Locobase.

4. Basiron

So.. my bad skin nightmare is getting old and I've done a post about this which you can read here. Basically the deal is that this little baby here keeps my skin free of break outs which in turn keeps me happy, win win! ;)

5. Coconut body butter
Coconut body butter Body Shop

The Body Shop's Coconut Body Butter! I have nothing but nice things to say about this. First off, it's always a pleasure to buy things from The Body Shop because they support such great things and are very environment friendly, and who doesn't like that? Second off, this is the best coconut body cream there is out there (in my humble opinion) and it smells so tropical and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. Now, instead of just naming the great things about this specific cream, I'll just name a few - but amazing - benefits from using a coconut body cream in general and why this should be a part of every girl's body care collection :)
Coconut oil protects the skin from damaging free radical formation, which can lead to age spots, wrinkled and sagging skin. It penetrates deeply into the skin and heals and repairs, leaving skin both smoother and healthier. And the best thing is that it prevents and helps existing stretchmarks!! Yes, you read that right! I've read so many articles about how pregnant women will start to rub coconut lotion on their belly from the beginning of their pregnancy and it'll result in few to no stretchmarks after the pregnancy! Isn't it amazing? 


Anyway, that's all I got for now. I hope you enjoyed the post and maybe found some great things to try out :)
Do you have any beauty addictions or things that you can't live without? xx


2 comments:

  1. Hi sweety!! You have a lovely blog :)
    Great post, so useful!!
    Check my blog in;
    http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete