Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: eyelash curlers



Eyelash curlers.. This is a beauty essential that's a must, in my humble opinion. Many people tend to overlook this tool and think that it might be very insignificant, which is okay if you've been blessed with naturally long and curly lashes. But being an Asian sadly means that I have the world's shortest, straightest eyelashes, which means that an eyelash curler is actually one of the most crucial things when it comes to a well-done eye makeup.


For many years now I've been sticking to my cheap £2.99 curler from H&M which I think is wonderful! But a few months back I began to wonder if there were any truth to all the hype about the Shu uemura eyelash curler, so I did a lot of research and read lots of reviews. One of the things that shocked me the most was the price difference between them, so after some more digging I decided to see for myself if there indeed is a difference between the curlers besides the price tag!

I bought the cheapest but well acclaimed curler from Eyes lips face for only £1.50 and the Shiseido one for a whopping £18!


Elf here and Shiseido here

Honestly, the one from elf was a huge disappointment! It doesn't suit my eye shape at all even though they claim on their website that "This innovative eyelash curler has a special curved design which angles to suit all eye shape". This is not true!! So if you're Asian, definitely stay clear from this one! The top is too "big", which made the corner bore into my skin, ouch! Because of that I couldn't really try it out, which was a shame.. But if you're not Asian, I encourage you to try it out based on all the positive reviews out there and for the price it's definitely worth a try, right? 

As for the Shiseido one, I'm completely in love! I don't have to apply as much pressure as I did with my old H&M one and the curl really stays.






I got this result after using the Shiseido curler with two coats of one of my favorite mascaras of all time, the Lancôme Hypnôse, waterproof - of course!! It's brilliant, right? From my straight, short lashes to this.. I'm in love!





As you've probably noticed, this was my outfit from last Friday because I originally wanted to do the review then, but time ran away from me..


Anyway, I definitely recommend you to try this eyelash curler if you're not afraid of the price! If the price scares you off a bit, you can also try the one from H&M, which has been my lifesaver for a long, long time! :)



Have you tried any of these eyelash curlers and what did you think of them? Which eyelash curler do you use?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment